One of the easiest ways to turn up the heat in the bedroom is to try a little experimentation. You don’t have to try anything crazy, but there are many simple things you can do to spice things up.
One of the easiest ways to add a little spice to the bedroom is to add a sex toy or accessory. Experimenting with toys can help any relationship in the romance department. However, choosing the right addition can not only be confusing, but can play on the nerves as well. This is a brand new world, and you may feel very inexperienced and intimidated. Don’t let this stop you.
The first time you purchase something in this line may seem scary. There are a few tips that will make this as easy as possible for you.
First, you need to get familiar with what is out there. There are sex toys that come in various shapes and sizes for both men and women. There are also massage oils, costumes and adult games that can add a new layer to your sex life. By being familiar with what is out there, you will feel much more comfortable in an adult store. You may think everyone is staring at you when you get to the cash with an item, but the people there are all there for the same reason.
Sex toys are certainly not as taboo as they may have been years ago. It is becoming more popular as the years pass. There is such a variety of things that you can purchase that it seems like there is something for everyone and every desire. Chances are the couple living next door or even friends and family are using some kind of toy in their sex life. Again, keep that in mind, all the people in there are there for the same reason. Don’t let it scare you.
Large cities and towns tend to have several different shops for you to choose from. You can pick based on the stock they carry or location. If going into a store is still intimidating, you can always become anonymous. Online shopping can be your best friend. You have the time to look over each item, and will eliminate the urge to grab the first item and run to the cash. Try to find a website that has a variety of stock and prices and specializes in this area. Like any online shopping, make sure you choose a reputable website.
One other thing to look for when online shopping for sex toys is to choose a company that lists discretion as one of their priorities. You don’t want to have a box with bright red lettering announcing the contents. Even worse, how will it show up on your credit card statement. Many companies use names for billing purposes that do not indicate the type of purchase you are making.
Don’t be afraid to walk into your local sex store. Ask questions. The people who work in the store have heard everything before and are not going to judge you or think you are a pervert. Instead, they can provide you with a wealth of information, and show you how certain things work. Sex toys are commonplace now. Go to the sex store with your spouse. If you are nervous, try to go at times when they seem to be less crowded, maybe during the day. If you aren’t quite ready to make that step, then sit down with your spouse and start looking online. The anticipation of what will be coming in the mail may help to create the right setting for a romantic evening.
These days, sexual content is easier to come by than ever – a man doesn’t even have to go to the store anymore to see porn. Likewise, he doesn’t have to go to a bar anymore if he wants to meet a lady friend. Virtual sex — or cyber sex — continues to grow in popularity, as it provides yet another way to virtually meet and hook-up with a partner. Learn more about this hot trend, and why a guy doesn’t have to be a super geek to figure it out. Also, check out some pointers for keeping the penis healthy and ready for the money shot when the pants come off.
How to do it
There are many ways a guy can virtually get down with his bad self. Because of the accessibility of computers equipped with webcams and microphones, perhaps the most popular way is “face-to-face” via the Internet. Though plenty of men still enjoy phone sex, sexting, sexy emails, or even chatting online with words – no cameras — it all depends on how adventurous he is feeling.
Virtual sex of any kind is something that singles and couple alike can engage in. They may participate regularly, or just on nights when they want to spice things up a bit. Some men use the same partner – either a real-life partner who is long-distance at the moment – or a sex partner they have met online; whereas, others prefer to find a new fling each time they log on.
Best of all, a guy doesn’t have to have a degree from MIT in order to successfully get with a girl online. Guys can meet willing partners in chat rooms, on message boards, or other online dating sites. All he needs is a computer with an Internet connection – and the ability to type one-handed if he is not using a camera or microphone!
Is it safe?
From a sexual health standpoint, yes! In fact, it is probably the safest kind of sex out there – because cyber sex is basically just simultaneous masturbation! As long as individuals engaging in these cyber relationship protect their identity, do not agree to in-person sexual meet-ups with strangers, or give out other personal information (i.e. address or credit card numbers) this is a perfectly safe way for a guy to get his jollies. In fact, some people remain completely anonymous by using a fake name or even wearing an intriguing mask over their face. However, users beware; one never knows exactly who they are interacting with – especially if there is no camera to verify looks. So a guy may think he is getting it on with a 20-something hot chick, but it could actually be a dude in his late 50′s with a beer belly. There is something to be said for investing in a web cam!
Is it cheating?
That probably depends on who one asks. Some people say that even if one is in a relationship, cyber sex is not cheating – as no fluids are actually exchanged. These individuals may think of it more like interactive porn. Others feel that yes, it is cheating, as one is likely seeing another’s private bits and at the least engaging in explicit behavior outside the relationship. Men who are in a couple need to feel out their mate before starting – or continuing – to engage in cyber sex of any kind, lest the relationship come to a quick, and ugly ending.
Keeping the manhood up to the task
Whether a man is priming for a night of virtual sex, or is lucky enough to have the real thing lined up, he will want to make sure his package is in tip-top condition. To make the pecker pretty one should do a bit of grooming – that doesn’t mean he has to go totally hairless – but at the least a trim around the edges is much appreciated by anyone getting down and dirty on his business. Next, he needs to take a pre-sex shower to freshen up and wash away a days worth of sweat and grime. Finally, follow it up with a refreshing dose of penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) full of vitamin E and Shea butter to help the penis skin stay silky smooth and ready for its close-up.
An estimated 14 million Americans have a form of sex addiction or similar compulsion; that’s one out of every 17 individuals. Sex addiction is a serious disease that requires treatment in the form of counseling, support, rehabilitation centers, and sometimes medication. Those who are addicted will persist in their compulsive, and often dangerous, behaviors despite the consequences. Sex addiction is serious, but it can be overcome. If you are an addict or working with or treating sex addicted individuals, there is hope.
The Internet can prove to be an invaluable tool in your search for answers and the journey through recovery. There is a worldwide community, available 24/7 that can answer questions, offer support and provide important resources. The following 10 websites are an invaluable tool.
1. Sexhelp.com. This informative website offers an online test for individuals who are uncertain whether or not they have a sex addiction. Here, you can locate certified therapists, research current therapy options, find twelve step programs, and review a recommended reading list. This website was created by the International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP).
2. Recoverynation.com. Recovery Nation features a unique focus on health-based recovery, as opposed to disease-based. Health-based refers to its focus centering on value development, life management skills and other positive-minded topics. There are free workshops on sex addiction, tracking charts, informational articles, links to other resources, and a community of support. All resources available on this page are free.
3. MDJunction.com. This website has a separate forum for seemingly every disease that might have a psychological effect. Once you or the addict set up an account, you will be allowed to post questions in a forum on sex addiction and get responses from individuals struggling to overcome this disease. There are conversations that take place on living with sex addiction, relapses, triggers, treatment, successes and failures, and almost anything else imaginable.
4. Slaafws.org. This is the website for Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous. In their own words, they “believe that sex and love addiction is a progressive illness which cannot be cured but which, like many illnesses, can be arrested.” While they state clearly that sex addiction, if left untreated, always gets worse, their website offers a simple twelve step program that has proven effective for men and women in recovery.
5. Marriedtoasexaddict.com. The family impacted by an individual’s sex addiction can often benefit from doing research into the disease, joining a support group, and even entering into therapy. What makes this site unique as compared to many of the other sites on the Internet which are designed to be a resource for the addicted individual, this web page is focused on reaching out to the family of those individuals, especially their spouses and partners. The owner of the page moderates posts and comments carefully to create a supportive environment. There are member forums, research updates, and articles.
6. SAA-recovery.org. Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA) is “a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so they may overcome… ” In addition to information about the SAA program, a comprehensive list of meetings and a description of meeting types is available.
7. Sexualcontrol.com. There is a lot to see here; this website is filled with articles to read. From posts relating to pornography, masturbation, counseling and twelve step programs, there’s something for every question. Articles are written either for individuals with sex addiction or for their families. In addition to informational articles, there are first-person narratives written by people who are in recovery from this addiction.
8. Newlifehabits.com. While this page at first appears to be specifically for porn addiction, the authors are careful to point out that the resources available will extend to masturbation and other addictions of this nature. It is an excellent resource. There are blog posts and articles that include twelve step programs, spirituality, diet and exercise as it relates to sex addiction, the effects of stress on this disease, and many more. There are resources for both the addict and his or her family.
9. Psychcentral.com. There are often many questions to be answered about sex addiction – what it is, what the symptoms are, and how is it treated, to name a few. Type “sex addiction” in the search bar located at the top of the main page and you’ll be directed to a long list of articles filled with answers to common (and uncommon) questions. Nearly every topic imaginable is covered here.
10. SA.org. Sexaholics Anonymous (SA) is a twelve step support group for those in recovery from sex addiction. Their website includes information on the purpose and content of their meetings and provides a directory of meetings that are being held around the world. There is also recommended reading, links to informative articles, and an online store.
Sex addiction is defined by The National Council on Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity as “engaging in persistent and escalating patterns of sexual behavior acted out despite increasing negative consequences to self and others.” While it is not as widely discussed as some other forms of addiction, it can be as damaging to an individual’s life and relationships as an addiction to drugs or alcohol; it is a serious issue for both the individual and their loved ones. There are triggers, relapses, and sometimes years of consequences to be worked through.
Though it is not uncommon to feel overwhelmed by the work involved, recovery from sex addiction is possible. Acknowledging addiction and getting help is essential to living a happier and healthier life. There are many online resources available that can prove invaluable not only during the first stages of recovery, but throughout the process of healing as well. Start with the ten links offered above and go from there.
Everyone wants to know what the best sex toys for women are and really it’s always going to come down to personal choice. But if you have never tried one before and are feeling a little timid about purchasing your first toy, then our guide to female sex toys for beginners is for you.
Thinking about purchasing your very first vibrator can be exciting but also intimidating. Do you go in to a shop, do you order online, do you get it delivered to your home, and what if somebody finds out! And even when you get passed all these hurdles, how do you possibly know which are the best sex toys for women?
When it comes to girls and toys it is normal to feel apprehensive about all these points. But if you’re feeling too timid to take the plunge with a female masturbation vibrator, then think again. Every woman with a sex toy has had to overcome these feelings and more often than not, end up becoming quite the collector!
Firstly, think about how you are going to get one. Ordering online is usually a very reliable process and it’s easy to know what the top selling sex toys are from other user’s reviews. But if you don’t feel comfortable having it sent to your home address, you can always have it delivered to a friend’s home or collect it from the post office.
If you don’t have the ability to order online, then there is no shame in walking in to a sex shop. There are many stores which now specifically gear their stores to the lucrative female market, so if you’re not ready for endless rows of black leather, chains and impossibly sized dildo’s, then immerse yourself in a shop that is specifically for women with happy pink rows endlessly filled with beautifully coloured female sex toys.
Now when it comes to actually considering which toy is for just remember this. Basically the best sex toys for women are simply the ones that get you off. So when deciding which one may be for you, consider exactly how you like your sex and then find a sex toy or female masturbation vibrator to match.
If you’re not exactly sure what you’re looking for then consider this. Sexually active women can usually be divided in to three groups:
Women who prefer cunnilingus; Women who prefer penetration; And women who love both. So with this in mind, think about what type of sex you prefer when choosing your female masturbation vibrator.
However, if you are not very sexually experienced and are unsure which category you may come under, try not to get too overwhelmed with all the different colours, sizes and buzzing devices. Some may confuse, fascinate or even freak you out, and something that may totally scare you to begin with might actually become your most favourite thrilling toy.
When making your decision, a good place to start is by looking at the top selling sex toys. You can either do this online by reading reviews or by asking the shop attendant. The best toys for women do not have to be the most expensive and there are many varieties of affordable sex toys. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money but don’t want to be disappointed if you buy something cheap, a good place to start is with a mid priced toy with a history of being one of the best vibrators for female orgasm.
Like any purchase that is important to you, be sure to do your research beforehand and perhaps start out firstly with affordable toys and something that is less intense before upgrading to a more powerful female masturbation vibrator.
Whatever your choice, rest assured girls and sex toys were made for each other, and even if you really don’t know which one is going to bring you the most pleasure, making your first purchase of any kind is a step toward a whole new world of self pleasure, sexual independence and incredible satisfaction.